from Betty Crocker's slow cooker cookbook..excellent. If someone in the family doesn't like mushrooms, run them through the food processor, they will never know.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can condensed cream of onion soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 6 cups hot cooked noodles or 6 cups rice, for serving,if desired
- Mix beef, onion, soups, mushrooms and pepper into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours or until beef is very tender.
- Stir cream cheese and sour cream into beef mixture until cream cheese is melted.
- Serve beef mixture over noodles.