Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious recipe that is very easy to make! You may use steak, ground beef, ground turkey or venison.
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 29.58 ml butter
- 453.59 g lean steak, cut in thin strips or 453.59 g hamburger
- 29.58 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 118.29 ml sliced fresh mushrooms or 118.29 ml canned mushroom
- 283.49 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 177.44 ml water
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- parsley (to garnish)
- paprika (to garnish)
- Saute onion and butter in skillet.
- Add and saute beef until cooked through.
- Add flour, spices, and mushrooms.
- Simmer for 5 min.
- Add soup and water.
- Simmer for 10 min.
- REMOVE FROM HEAT and stir in sour cream.
- Add parsley and extra paprika for garnish.
- Serve over noodles, pasta, rice or serve as a main dish by itself.
- Easy and fast!
i made a vegetarian version with veggie stock....it was very very good. i then made hubby the meat version and he as well loved it! i did add some stock to his too though and FYI it gave it a BEAUTIFUL flavor!!!
I just made this and everybody loved it . Great!!!! This is a keeper for sure :) ~Ri
This was pretty good!!I think next time I will use something other than ground beef-I kind of browned the beef & smooshed it a bit too fine & it was bit mooshy but that was my fault. Overall, this had a wonderful flavor-very stick to your ribs, feels good going down on a winter's day kinda feeling to it. We had it over noodles & had crusty Italian bread with it-GOOD!!