Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (10 3/4 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place beef in large skillet; season with salt and pepper.
- Brown beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink, stirring to separate beef.
- Drain fat from skillet; set beef aside.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add wine.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in soup, sour cream and mustard until well combined.
- Return beef to skillet.
- Place noodles in prepared dish.
- Pour beef mixture over noodles; stir until noodles are well coated.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Made this recipe just as written for supper this evening. It was a hit with all of us, and has been added to our favorites.
Tasty way to stretch a pound of ground beef. Convenient, too, as I prepared this earlier in the day then baked just before eating (the thirty minutes was enough, straight from the refrigerator, too). Four cups of cooked noodles was (for me) about 6 oz dry. Thanks for posting!
This was out of this world!! The combination of the wine and mustard was great!! I had homemade dandelion wine that was too strong to drink, but it worked great for this! I also used leftover pot roast, but it's the sauce that is outstanding!!