Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom has been using this recipe for over 30 years. She took a cooking class and this was one of the recipes thats been a keeper. One of my favorites. I do like to use fresh mushrooms over can. Great with Beef Rice #233151
- 2 lbs sirloin tip steaks (or round steak)
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- adolph instant meat tenderizer (optional)
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- Trim any fat from the meat, and sprinkle with tenderizer (opt), pierce with a fork to allow it to penetrate.
- Cut the meat in cross grain strips.
- Dredge with salt and pepper and flour in a paper bag.
- Brown the floured meat in butter in a large fry pan.
- Add onion and garlic, and mushrooms, saute lightly. Cover with beef from and worchestersire sauce and simmer until tender, about one hour. Just before serving add the sour cream, heat througohly but do not boil. Serve with rice.
It was good. I skpped the tenderizer, but I think I should have used it. The sauce didn't thicken like I expected, but the flavor was good.