Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Simple and great family dinner.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, cubed, cut into thin strips
- house seasoning
- all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 10 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- cooking cream (Elle and Vire)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- Sprinkle the steak strips with House seasoning to lightly cover them; dust with flour.
- In a large skillet, quickly brown them on both sides in the olive oil and butter.
- Remove the steak from the pan.
- Add the onion slices and mushrooms to the pan drippings.
- Saute for a few minutes, until the onion is tender.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon flour.
- Put the steak back into the pan with the onion and mushrooms.
- Add the beef broth and mushroom soup.
- Cook over low heat for about 30 minutes, covered.
- Add the cooking cream.
- Adjust seasoning to taste, adding salt and pepper, as needed.
- Stir in the sour cream the last few minutes, right before you serve.
- Serve over cooked white rice or egg noodles.