Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very good Beef Stroganoff. I always serve this over wide noodles.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin steaks, cubed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- In a large skillet melt the butter
- Saute the onion and garlic until transparent
- Add the meat to brown and mix well
- Stir in flour, mushrooms with liquid, salt, pepper, and soups
- Heat thoroughly Stir in sour cream and heat.
- DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL
- Serve over noodles or rice and garnish with parsley if desire.
The perfect stroganoff. I liked it because it had lots of gravy and was easy to make. Next time I will cut back a little on the pepper but other than that a great dish. I did add a few tablespoons of white wine.
Very good flavor. The consistency of the sauce was very pasty. Next time I will only use one can of soup and 1 more cup of sour cream. I will also omit the flour. I had fresh mushrooms, so I simmered them in veggie stock until they were cooked and it gave the sauce a more "mushroomy" flavor.
This is a great recipe! This was my first attempt at Beef Stroganoff and I was pleasantly surprised. I am on the Weight Watchers plan so I used the low fat soups and the fat free sour cream....I could not tell the difference! Thanks for posting this!