Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love this recipe. It tastes like something straight out of a fine restaurant.
- 2 lbs stewing beef, cubed small
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- Dredge meat in flour,salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat brown meat, onions and mushrooms in the oil.
- Add tomato juice, consomme and sugar.
- Reduce heat and simmer until meat is tender 11/2-2 hours.
- Blend in sour cream.
- Heat but do not boil.
This was so good and simple to make. I served it over egg noodles and had some brocolli with it. Next time I will double the sauce as it is good by itself on the noodles. Thanks, Stacy
This was a very easy to follow recipe, with a great restaurant quality taste. We had it over egg noodles with a salad, It was a big hit. If you haven't tried this one yet, you don't know what you're missing. Thanks for posting.