Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe that my family has been making for years! It's soo easy and inexpensive as well as a huge crowd pleaser!! Serve with a salad and crusty bread! YUM
- 1 lb hamburger (leaner the better)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 can sliced button mushroom
- pepper (I like lots!)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- In a large skillet, brown hamburger, onion, button mushrooms and margarine.
- Do not drain.
- Add flour and stir.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to the package.
- Drain and set aside.
- Add soup to meat mixture and stir until hot.
- Add sour cream and noodles.
This is a fanstastic, quick recipe. I had never made beef stroganoff before this recipe, and it came out great the first time. I have made it three times since. My husband absolutely loves it!