Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe came from Food Everyday, October 2003
- 1 lb beef tenderloin
- coarse salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup canned beef broth
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- egg noodles
- Slice beef into 2" long strips, each an inch wide and 1/4 inch thick. Season generously with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tbsp oil over high heat.
- Brown meat in 2 batches, about 1 minute per side; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Prepare pasta as directed on package.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until lightly browned 5-7 minutes. Add broth and simmer, uncovered, until liquid has thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in mustard and return beef to skillet. Cook over medium-low heat until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve immediately over egg noodles.