Top Review by Amy Duchesne
I tried this recipe last night and it was excellent! I used 3% cream instead of sour cream, because I didn't have it on hand. I added 1 large clove of garlic, diced. I used the tomato paste as directed in the recipe- I wouldn't want to try ketchup..might be sweet. I think this recipe would also be good without tomato paste as well.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sirloin steaks
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced or halved
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice meat into thin strips.
- Fry quickly in 2 tbsp hot marg for 2 minutes.
- Add onions and mushrooms and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Lift mixture out with slotted spoon.
- Melt remaining marg in pan and stir in flour until it is absorbed by the fat.
- Gradually add beef broth and whisk and simmer until smoothly thickened.
- Add worchestershire sauce, tomato paste and meat mushroom mixture.
- Bring to a bubble then add sour cream.
- Heat through and serve with noodles.