Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just a great classic recipe!! Add a tablespoon of brandy for some flair. Enjoy!!
Make and share this Beef Stroganoff recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into slices
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium egg noodles
- Season the beef with the salt and pepper. In a large pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat and sauté meat until browned.
- Remove the beef from the pan and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to pan, add mushrooms and onions sauté until brown.
- Add broth and deglaze the pan, add beef and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, add thyme, mustard, and cream cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add sour cream right before serving, so it doesn’t separate.
- Cook noodles per package.
- Drain and return back to pot, add butter and 1/2 parsley and toss.
- Pour Stroganoff over noodles and top with remainder of parsley.