Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fast and easy. This is an adopted recipe, I'll be making it soon and making any suggested changes in the description. Will keep original recipe as is, for those who have it saved.
- 1 lb sirloin steak, well trimmed and cut thin
- 1⁄2 lb white mushroom, sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Grease a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over high heat to get pan hot.
- Add steak strips in 2 batches and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly until browned.
- Remove meat from skillet and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and cook 5 minutes, stirring or until lightly browned and tender.
- Add onion soup, cornstarch mixture and dried thyme.
- Bring to a boil over high then reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes until thickened.
- Add sour cream and heat through 1 minute.
- Return steak to skillet and heat through.
- Serve over egg noodles.