Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is so simple and oh so tasty. My husband is very picky and has never even tried beef stroganoff any other time i've made it. this time he had a big helping for supper and took leftovers for lunch. i loosly followed the Beef Stroganoff but made a number of changes.
- 1 lb round steak, cut in strips
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- egg noodles
- Melt butter in pan and cook meat slowly.
- Dissolve boulion in water.
- When meat is fully cooked, move to side of pan and add flour to the butter and whisk until smooth. Cook for about a minute. Pour boulion mixture and sour cream into pan and whisk until smooth. Add onion powder, kosher salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Boil noodles.
- *original recipe had the flour added to the water but i like to make a roux so that the liquid thickens up a little more. either way it tastes the same just end up thicker my way.
AMA za ZING!! My family absolutely loved it!! I used the ap to up the serving 6.
Just love beef stroganoff and this didn't disappoint one bit!!! I used sirloin, as it was on sale and is a more tender cut of beef. I also used fresh minced onion, which I sauteed in the butter with the meat before it was completely browned. I then proceeded with the rest of the recipe and served it with egg noodles and blueberry muffins, yummy!!!! I think using the onion powder would also work if you are in a hurry or are out of onions. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PAC 2012.