Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
My mil's Beef Stroganoff recipe which is my dh's favorite.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 1⁄2 lbs beef top round steak, cut into 2 inch strips (1/4" x 1/4")
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups beef bouillon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 8 cups fluffy cooked rice
- In a frying pan, melt 1/3 cup butter.
- Saute onions until golden; remove from pan and set aside.
- In same frying ban, melt 1/3 cup butter.
- Saute mushrooms till lightly browned; remove from pan and set aside.
- Roll beef in flour.
- Melt remaining butter in same frying pan.
- Saute beef until browned.
- Add beef boullion, salt, and onions.
- Cover and simmer gently until beef is tender (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, sour cream, heavy cream, and mushrooms; heat thoroughly.
- Serve over hot fluffy cooked rice.