Recipe by djmastermum
This is the best beef stroganoff I have ever made. Quick, easy and full of flavour. Try it today and be impressed :-)
Top Review by Only The Best Recipez
Very good stroganoff and one we will have again. I loved the blend of flavors, so rich and delicious! Served atop egg noodles with a side salad for a very satisfying meal that we will enjoy whenever we have it!
- 750 g round steaks, cut into strips
- seasoned flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 60 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 onions, sliced
- 250 g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss meat in seasoned flour and nutmeg.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and saute the garlic and onion.
- Add meat and brown well.
- Stir in the mushrooms.
- Combine tomato paste, stock and wine and stir into meat.
- Cover and simmer 1/2 hour.
- Add sour cream, DO NOT BOIL.
- Serve over buttered noodles.