Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Okay there are probably lots of different versions of this recipe, But this one is the easiest your going to find! It uses up your leftover roast beef, and I have even used left over grilled steak. Serve it over egg noodles and it is sooo yummy. A family favorite of mine since I was a kid. Not sure where the recipe came from, but my thought is Canadian living from many, many years ago.
- Cut your beef up into strips.
- Heat up the beef in a large non stick frying pan.
- Pour the mushroom soup and mushrooms over the beef and continue to heat.
- Add in ketchup, worcestershire sauce, garlic and chili powder, continue to stir ingredients in frying pan.
- When ready to serve gently stir in the sour cream and serve.
I used some leftover beef roast and this worked great. This is a simple recipe to use up leftovers and I plan to do it again. I did use fresh mushrooms and decreased the sour cream and poured the sauce over egg noodles.
This recipe is awesome! Very fast and with great flavor. I used about a cup of chopped beef and only one 4.5 oz. can of mushrooms (recession economics, y'know) and served it over mashed potatoes. Quick weeknight meal; bravo and thank you!
This was a great use of some leftover meat! I used leftover cooked steak and leftover cooked lamb; all was cubed and in the freezer. I used low fat sour cream and this was an easy weeknight meal over some no-yolk egg noodles.