Okay there are probably lots of different versions of this recipe, But this one is the easiest your going to find! It uses up your leftover roast beef, and I have even used left over grilled steak. Serve it over egg noodles and it is sooo yummy. A family favorite of mine since I was a kid. Not sure where the recipe came from, but my thought is Canadian living from many, many years ago.
- Cut your beef up into strips.
- Heat up the beef in a large non stick frying pan.
- Pour the mushroom soup and mushrooms over the beef and continue to heat.
- Add in ketchup, worcestershire sauce, garlic and chili powder, continue to stir ingredients in frying pan.
- When ready to serve gently stir in the sour cream and serve.
I used some leftover beef roast and this worked great. This is a simple recipe to use up leftovers and I plan to do it again. I did use fresh mushrooms and decreased the sour cream and poured the sauce over egg noodles.
This recipe is awesome! Very fast and with great flavor. I used about a cup of chopped beef and only one 4.5 oz. can of mushrooms (recession economics, y'know) and served it over mashed potatoes. Quick weeknight meal; bravo and thank you!
This was a great use of some leftover meat! I used leftover cooked steak and leftover cooked lamb; all was cubed and in the freezer. I used low fat sour cream and this was an easy weeknight meal over some no-yolk egg noodles.