Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A friend of mine gave me this recipe. She said one of the first school dances that she had it was where the girls ask the guys and her Mom suggested that she maker her date dinner and that it was super easy. She used chicken also which can be leaner and healthier than beef. I used stew meat and it turned out great. It also suggested that you use beef broth, but I only had chickn broth in my pantry and it tasted fine using that. I'm sure suing the beef or even vegetable broth would be better, though. Enjoy!
- Boil egg noodles in a large pot of salted boiling water.
- In a large pot or skillet pan, cook onions and garlic with the olive oil until onion are brown, about 5-10 minutes. Remove them from the pan. Add another tablespoon of olive oil and add the stew meat and cook until brown on both sides, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 Cup beef broth, the water and allow the meat to come up to a boil. Boil for about 20 minutes and the meat is tender. Turn the stove down to medium/low.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, add the other 1/2 cup of beef broth and the cup of flour and stir well. Add to the boiling meat and stir well. This will thicken the sauce. Add the sour cream cook for another minute or two. You may want to add a little bit of milk if the sauce becomes to thick to thin it out some.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked egg noodles and enjoy!
I think there might be an error with this recipe. The amount of flour to mix with half cup broth made dough. I ended up using 1/2 cup to 1/2 cup which worked fine. I would also use broth instead of water, since I think it dilluted the flavor some. Not a bad recipe, but not one I'd make again since it was very plain tasting. It was easy to make on a weeknight though.