1/1 Photo of Beef Stroganoff
I tired many recipes for beef stroganoff, I like this the BEST. I use ground beef in mine, but can easily be changed with steak strips if you prefer it that way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups beef stock (or you can use a flavor cube)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 1Melt the butter in a large pan over med-high heat. Stir in onions and cook until soft.
- 2Add the garlic and cook another minute or two.
- 3Add all the mushrooms, and salt and black pepper to taste. Cook 3-5 min, just so the mushrooms start getting a little soft.
- 4Now add the ground beef and cook until browned.
- 5Mix in the beef stock and lemon juice, bring to a boil.
- 6Blend the flour and cold water in a small bowl until smooth. Now stir it in very quickly. The sauce should thicken. Cover and simmer for 5 minute.
- 7Remove from heat, and stir in sour cream.
- 8Serve over egg noodles.
Browse Our Top German Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 759.8
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 182.2 mg
- Sodium 472.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 30.6 g