Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I tired many recipes for beef stroganoff, I like this the BEST. I use ground beef in mine, but can easily be changed with steak strips if you prefer it that way.
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups beef stock (or you can use a flavor cube)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 12 ounces sour cream
- Melt the butter in a large pan over med-high heat. Stir in onions and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute or two.
- Add all the mushrooms, and salt and black pepper to taste. Cook 3-5 min, just so the mushrooms start getting a little soft.
- Now add the ground beef and cook until browned.
- Mix in the beef stock and lemon juice, bring to a boil.
- Blend the flour and cold water in a small bowl until smooth. Now stir it in very quickly. The sauce should thicken. Cover and simmer for 5 minute.
- Remove from heat, and stir in sour cream.
- Serve over egg noodles.
Great stroganoff! Me and my gang can't wait to have it again!
I really enjoyed this recipe. I used tenderloin steak instead of ground beef and it was very good and the meat was very tender, I allowed extra time for the meat to cook and it was very tender. Other then the meat I went by the recipe. Will make this again!
Used sodium free instant beef packet in place of the beef stock. Mixed it with water and it worked great. This is an excellent dish and went over so well with the family that we have added it to our weekly rotation!