Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
My friend Jenny gave me this recipe many years ago. I like it over rice.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin, cut in thin 1x2 1/2 inch strips
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a heavy skillet.
- add the onion and cook slowly until transparent.
- remove and set aside.
- turn the heat to meium-high, add the beef, and cook briefly, turning to brown on all sides.
- remove the beef and set aside with the onions.
- add the remaining 3 tablespoons butter to the skillet.
- stir in the mushrooms, cover, and cook 3 minutes.
- season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- whisk the sour cream and add to the pan, but do not let it boil.
- return the beef and onions to the pan and just heat through.
- serve and enjoy.