Recipe by Chef 'Diva Divine
This version of the classic stroganoff, lowers fat dramatically ut still allowes for a tasty meal.
- 1 lb lean round steak (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon low-fat margarine
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 cups cooked noodles
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from steak; cut beef with grain into 2" strips. Cut strips diagonally across grain into 1/4" slices.
- Heat margarine in non-stick skillet until melted. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir over medium high heat until onion is tender.
- Stir in beef & mushrooms; cook and stir until beef is no longer pink. Stir in wine; reduce heat. COVER and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch into beef broth until dissolved; stir into meat mixture. Cook and stir over med-high heat until thickened; remove from heat.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until beef is tender, about 30 minutes. Serve over noodles; sprinkle with parsley.