Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
It is a rather easy recipe and quite a yummy result.
- 2 kg beef tenderloin (fillet) or 2 kg sirloin (faux-fillet)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (300 ml) bottle red wine
- 2 (300 ml) cartons cream
- 1 (150 g) can mushrooms (or more if you like them)
- 1 leek, diced
- 1 celery, diced
- 2 -3 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, cut in strips (big)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- white pepper
- - cut the beef in strips and saute with the olive oil till brown.
- - In a separate skillet, add the wine, the celery, the leek and the onion on medium heat. When the wine starts to boil, cover the skillet and let it boil on low heat till the sauce reduces.
- - Mix the previous ingredients in the blender or pass them through the vegetables mill.
- - Put back the mixture in the skillet on medium heat and add the mushrooms and the meat. Stir from time to time till it boils. Add the cream. Season. Let the mixture boil. If the sauce is too thick add some water. It needs to have a viscous consistency.
- - Serve with cooked rice.
A rather tasty stroganoff that was enjoyed by the whole tribe here for dinner! I loved the addition of the nutmeg. A pinch was just enough to make it different and interesting! Thanks for sharing!