Recipe by Cheri 911
Easy and good. Every one loves this one.
Top Review by Kitten Marie
This is a fantastic recipe! The serving size is no joke though, most people might want to half the recipe. (Although it's excellent as leftovers as well.) Make sure to over-season the meat, as the sour cream negates a lot of the saltiness. Also, for anyone who is avoiding red meat, I've made this with ground turkey and it was still delicious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 lbs lean ground beef (or Bison)
- garlic powder
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 16 ounces sour cream
- egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Start boiling water for Egg Noodles, put in to cook as soon as the water is ready.
- In Large Skillet, heat Olive Oil; Saute Onions and Mushrooms til limp. Add ground beef and cook through. Season meat with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. (it should be pretty salty.) Add mushroom soup and heat til combined and bubbly. Add frozen peas. When it starts to simmer again, turn off heat and add sour cream. Stir to combine. Taste for seasoning and correct if needed.
- Serve over egg noodles.