Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
There are alot of stroganoff recipes on Recipezaar. This one is different because it uses seasoned salt and dill, and does not use dry onion soup mix or Cream of Mushroom soup. I adapted it from a Mr. Food recipe. This is one of my all-time favorite recipes.
- 1⁄2-1 lb round steak, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 squares beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 0.5 (1 lb) bag egg noodles, cooked and drained
- Saute onion and garlic in margarine until almost tender.
- Add the steak.
- Sprinkle fairly liberally with seasoned salt and brown.
- Add mushrooms and pepper.
- Mix cornstarch with water.
- Add cornstarch/water mixture and bouillon cubes to meat mixture in pan.
- Cook about 10 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Stir in dillweed and sour cream.
- Serve over egg noodles.