Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and yummy -- my mommy's, of course! I've given measurements here as a guide, although you really need to use the ketchup, dry mustard, and sour cream to taste. Of course, you can always add onions to the beef when cooking it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked to al dente
- Brown beef in a skillet and drain fat.
- Add onion soup mix, ketchup, dry mustard, and cream of mushroom soup.
- Cook over medium until warmed through.
- Add mushrooms and sour cream.
- Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Serve over hot noodles.
Made for PAC Spring 2008. I really enjoyed this Beef Stroganoff recipe. I followed the recipe exactly and was very pleased with the way it turned out. Thanks for sharing such an easy and delicious recipe.
Delicious and easy meal! Sauted chopped onion, added small beef cubes through dry mustard, plus 1 cup water. Simmered until beef was tender, then added cream of celery soup (oops, forgot to add the sour cream!) and served over wide noodles. Looking forward to leftovers.
I combined this recipe and one off another site this evening for dinner... So I added some brown gravy mix, 4 oz cream cheese, another can of soup, and I didn't drain the mushrooms.... I might have changed enough to make this a whole new recipe! Served this with homemade bread and butter on the side. I really enjoyed the depth of flavor in this dish, and my husband and 5 yo ate it up.