Recipe by BARBARA S.
This recipe is a little different with the tomato soup base rather than beef stock. I got this recipe from a friend many years ago. It's quick and easy.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb round steak (cubed or cut into thin strips)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in butter over medium heat, in a 10 inch frying pan or 2 quart sauce pan, for about 5 minutes.
- Add steak and continue to saute until meat is browned.
- Stir in mushrooms, tomato soup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until well heated about 5 minutes stirring every few minutes.
- Just before serving add sour cream and stir until well blended.
- Serve over steamed white rice or egg noodles.