Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe found in Easy food
- 750 g sirloin beef
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 60 g butter
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 250 g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 150 ml sour cream
- Chill the sirloin in the freezer for 30 minutes, as this makes it easier to slice thinly. Cut the beef into slices, then into strips approximately 5cm long.
- Season the beef well with salt and pepper and coat in the plain flour.
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a frying pan and fry the onions until they just begin to brown. Lift out with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the mushrooms to the sam epan and fry until soft. Remove with the slotted spoon and add to the onions.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan and fry the strips of sirloin in small batches over a high heat.
- When all the beef is cooked, return it tothe pan with the onions and mushrooms and heat through. Reduce the heat and stir in the tomato puree and sour cream. Mix gently to loosen and browned bits fromt he bottom of the pan. Taste and add more seasoning if required. Serve with chips, mash noodles or plain boiled rice.