Recipe by Lisa1
I found this at the Creamette website while searching for a stroganoff recipe like my mom used to make. This fit the bill nicely.
- 12 ounces extra wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef round steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms, undrained (two 4-1/2-oz . cans)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, heat oil.
- Add meat and onion; cook until meat is browned and onion is tender.
- Add broth and Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover; simmer 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, add mushrooms with liquid to meat mixture.
- In small bowl, stir together sour cream and flour; stir into meat mixture.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Toss hot noodles with sauce.