Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe was on a soup can label. I haven't tried it yet.
Make and share this Beef Stroganoff #2 recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 500 g beef, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 (420 g) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 150 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over heat. Add beef and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes or until brown. Remove and set aside. Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes or until soft. Add paprika and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Return beef to pan. Add soup, ketchup, and worcestershire sauce and mix well. Stir in the mushrooms. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer uncovered 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Stir in sour cream and parsley. serve with cooked pasta, rice, or mashed potato.