Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
NUTRITION INFO(per 6-ounce serving) Calories: 260.1 Fat: 11.1 g Carbohydrates: 6.6 g Protein: 33.1 g Using lean top round, plain low-fat yogurt, and very little salt makes this a heart-healthy dish.
- 1 lb lean beef (top round)
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 6 cups macaroni, cooked in unsalted water
- Cut beef into 1-inch cubes. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a non-stick skillet. Sauté onion for 2 minutes.
- Add beef and sauté for additional 5 minutes. Turn to brown evenly. Remove from pan and keep hot.
- Add remaining oil to pan; sauté mushrooms.
- Add beef and onions to pan with seasonings.
- Add beef broth, yogurt; gently stir. Heat, but do not boil.