Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
DH just won't eat sour cream, so have had to come up with a creative solution for an old fave! Measures and times are guestimates, I just add until it tastes right!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, cut to bite size pcs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups water
- 6 beef bouillon cubes (more or less)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (more or less)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- heat the olive oil and lightly sear the beef (to about rare, depending how well-done you like it).
- remove the beef. Add the onion and the mushrooms, cook till almost tender.
- add the water, worchestershire, and the bullion and bring to a low simmer(more or less to taste, we use HerbOx, so it takes a little more).
- Add beef back inches.
- Mix together the flour and milk, adding salt and pepper to taste (usually pepper is all I add).
- Add flour/pepper/milk mixture and stir until thickened.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles, or rice - even whole wheat pasta and spagetti squash are good!