Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Another one of mom's recipes. The meat is so tender and the sauce is delicious!
- 2 lbs boneless beef stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces mushroom stems and pieces
- 14 ounces beef broth
- 2 ounces dry onion soup mix
- 6 ounces sour cream
- 3 cups egg noodles, cooked
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Brown meat in butter.
- Put beef broth, mushrooms (with juice) and onion soup mix in a crock pot.
- Add beef stew meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- To thicken sauce, add flour and water in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Add it to meat, mix well, cover and turn crockpot to high for approximately a 1/2 hour.
- Just before serving add sour cream to sauce and mix well.
- Serve over hot egg noodles.
I like that I can thicken the sauce it makes it a more filling great dish! Thanks for sharing:)