Prep 360 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Actually, this is my husband's specialty and excellent comfort food. Whenever the kids hear "Dad's stroganoff" they invite themselves over :o) This serves eight healthy portions but be sure to use "whole" button mushrooms as they really soak up the flavor.
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lean stew meat (tenderized is best)
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 (6 ounce) canmushroom steak sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) steak sauce can water
- 2 (4 ounce) cans button mushrooms, undrained (whole, not sliced)
- 4 tablespoons Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) packageextra wide egg noodles
- Season meat with salt and pepper and toss in flour to coat. Saute in butter on medium heat until browned, stirring often.
- Add onion and bouillon - saute lightly, stirring constantly until onion begins wilting and bouillon begins to break up.
- Add steak sauce, mushrooms with juice, water, and Heinz 57. Cover and simmer one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Right before serving stir in wine and sour cream. Then add cooked noodles and toss to coat.