361 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Actually, this is my husband's specialty and excellent comfort food. Whenever the kids hear "Dad's stroganoff" they invite themselves over :o) This serves eight healthy portions but be sure to use "whole" button mushrooms as they really soak up the flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 lbs lean stew meat (tenderized is best)
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushroom steak sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) steak sauce can water
- 2 (4 ounce) cans button mushrooms, undrained (whole, not sliced)
- 4 tablespoons Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) package extra wide egg noodles
- 1Season meat with salt and pepper and toss in flour to coat. Saute in butter on medium heat until browned, stirring often.
- 2Add onion and bouillon - saute lightly, stirring constantly until onion begins wilting and bouillon begins to break up.
- 3Add steak sauce, mushrooms with juice, water, and Heinz 57. Cover and simmer one hour, stirring occasionally.
- 4Right before serving stir in wine and sour cream. Then add cooked noodles and toss to coat.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 846.6
- Calories from Fat 553
- Total Fat 61.5 g
- Saturated Fat 32.4 g
- Cholesterol 215.9 mg
- Sodium 516.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 36.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Heinz 57 steak sauce