This is wonderful when you have family that is always late. You can put almost anything you have in your kitchen in it and it will still come out okay. Can also be made by putting all ingredients in crock pot on low for at least 8 hrs.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stew meat (tenderized works best)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar mushroom
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 container sour cream, divided
- white wine (as needed for taste)
- Worcestershire sauce (as needed for taste)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- milk (if needed)
- flour (if needed)
- cooked egg noodles
- Heat butter in large skillet.
- Add stew meat, cook on med heat until browned stirring often.
- Take meat out of skillet and set aside.
- Add onion and saute in the butter until almost clear.
- Add mushrooms, and cook until onion is clear.
- Put meat back into pan, add cream of mushroom soup, wine, worstichire sauce, garlic and pepper.
- Stir constantly until soup turns to liquid.
- Decrease heat to Low, cover and simmer.
- This can simmer for 10 min to 4 hrs depending on taste.
- You can add flour to thicken it or milk to thin it out as needed.
- When almost finished at half of the tub of sour cream.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles with the remainder of the sour cream as a topping.