1/1 Photo of Beef Stroganoff
Sara C's Note:
This is wonderful when you have family that is always late. You can put almost anything you have in your kitchen in it and it will still come out okay. Can also be made by putting all ingredients in crock pot on low for at least 8 hrs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs stew meat (tenderized works best)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar mushroom
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 container sour cream, divided
- white wine (as needed for taste)
- Worcestershire sauce (as needed for taste)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- milk (if needed)
- flour (if needed)
- cooked egg noodles
- 1Heat butter in large skillet.
- 2Add stew meat, cook on med heat until browned stirring often.
- 3Take meat out of skillet and set aside.
- 4Add onion and saute in the butter until almost clear.
- 5Add mushrooms, and cook until onion is clear.
- 6Put meat back into pan, add cream of mushroom soup, wine, worstichire sauce, garlic and pepper.
- 7Stir constantly until soup turns to liquid.
- 8Decrease heat to Low, cover and simmer.
- 9This can simmer for 10 min to 4 hrs depending on taste.
- 10You can add flour to thicken it or milk to thin it out as needed.
- 11When almost finished at half of the tub of sour cream.
- 12Serve over cooked egg noodles with the remainder of the sour cream as a topping.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 614.5
- Calories from Fat 401
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 194.2 mg
- Sodium 843.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 42.3 g