Recipe by Sherrie-pie
This seems to be a bit different from the other recipes - doesn't use consomme etc. It does use brandy. Beef Stroganoff relies on the quality of the steak. My husband's favourite dish. From Checkers Cookery Collection.
- 15 g butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 225 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 750 g steak fillets, cut into thin strips
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 150 ml sour cream
- parsley, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Add the onion and fry gently for 7 minutes or until golden. Add the mushrooms and fry for a further 3 minutes until softened. Add the steak to the pan, season well and stir in the mustard. Fry, turning often, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the brandy and soured cream and heat through gently; do not allow to boil. Transfer to a heated serving dish.
- Note: It is important not to use a large enough pan or to cook the meat in batches. You want the steak to fry, not stew!