Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My favorite Stroganoff recipe. This was the recipe my sister used when she was teaching me to cook. That was almost 30 years ago.
- 1 lb lean beef, cubed
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb wide egg noodles
- Cook beef slowly in butter.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in hot water to make broth.
- Add flour to broth, whisk until smooth.
- Add the following to the cooked beef:.
- flour mixture, sour cream, onion and mushrooms.
- Season to taste.
- Keep warm on lowest setting in skillet, 20 minutes.
- DO NOT SIMMER!
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.
I made this the other night and it was very good! I will not make beef stroganoff with canned soup and it is hard to find a good recipe without it. I did use ground beef and seasoned it as it browned, as well as later. I also used beef stock instead of bouillon as a personal preference. My boyfriend and I both enjoyed it, will make again!
OMG!!! I haven't even served this yet... did my own taste test... I could eat the whole thing!! Do you realize how many Stroganoff recipes there are out there? I think I looked at all of them.. but really liked the way yours sounded... I did add extra meat I have a Marine to feed! but everything else I kept the same. This is my NEW Strog. Recipe!! Thanks for posting....
This was very rich and delicious. I used top sirloin steaks cubed and it was great, Thanks!