Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yes I know there are a zillion beef stroganoffs here, but this is my favourite version of it.
- 800 g top round steaks, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 300 g swiss brown mushrooms or 300 g button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- flour, mixed with
- water, to thicken
- 300 ml sour cream
- Heat a little oil in a pan and seal the meat in batches until well browned.
- Set aside.
- Return pan to heat, add butter and onions and cook for 1-2 minutes or until onions have turned translucent.
- Add mustard, paprika, salt, pepper, flour and water paste to thicken.
- Add mushrooms and sour cream.
- Return the beef and juices and heat through.
- I like to serve this with fettucine.