1/1 Photo of Beef Strips With Zucchini and Tomatoes
bunnylove in NEW ENGLAND's Note:
I wanted a recipe for round steak strips, but did not want a stroganoff or stir fry type recipe. i just kind of threw this together with what i had. i was planning on doing a pan fried steak, corn on cob and baked potato, but got home late from work, and just wanted something i could do in my electric skillet. this is what i came up with. let me know what you think, be honest, and any suggestions for improvement. all measures are approximate, like i said i just threw together at last minute, this served me and my husband, with one lunch serving leftover. we had texas toast with this. some optional ingredients are included, we found this quite tasty and very filling. it was also very easy and quick, which i need at times, as i have an hour and a half commute each way to work everyday, and hubby just does not and can not cook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 small round steaks, approximate 1/2 to 3/4 pound, cut in strips
- 425.24 g can zucchini, in italian style sauce (I used del monte)
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes, with juices
- italian seasoning
- 7.39 ml minced garlic (i used jarred for convenience)
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1In electric skillet or frying pan brown beef strips (can use pam spray, i did not use).
- 2when browned add seasonings.
- 3add canned zucchini and tomatoes.
- 4simmer ( i left mine for 30 minutes in electric skillet) can be put on low and left to simmer, only melds flavors.
- 5stir occasionally.
- 6meanwhile cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- 7add small amount of water to beef mixture if needed.
- 8drain egg noodles.
- 9serve beef mixture over egg noodles with juice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Strips With Zucchini and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.3
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 73.0 mg
- Sodium 89.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 25.3 g