Recipe by Julesong
This is one of my adopted recipes. It looks like a dish my family and I would enjoy, so I hope to make it and edit it in the future.
- 1 lb carrot
- 2⁄3 cup carbonated soda water
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel carrots and cut into thin slices (crosswise at a slant).
- Place in a saucepan with the soda water, wine, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and sugar.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cut the meat into very thin slices (which is easier to do if it is slightly frozen).
- Heat the vegetable oil and saute the onion about 5 minutes.
- Add the beef slices; cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper.
- Add the meat and onions to the carrots.
- Mix carefully.
- Stir in the cream gradually while stirring.
- Heat through but DO NOT allow to boil.
- Correct seasonings if necessary.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.