Recipe by Chris Reynolds
Found in "Healthy Cooking" originally submitted by Betty Gregoire. I deleted the pimientos from my salad as I don't like them. (LOL) Prep time does not include chilling time. I also use a vinaigrette dressing on this instead of the sour cream and lemon. Yummy!
- 1⁄2 lb beef tenderloin
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground pepper
- 1 cup torn leaf lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook beef over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until meat reaches desired doneness. Cool for 10 minutes, then refrigerate until cool.
- Thinkly slice beef; place in a small bowl. Add the onion, salt, and pepper; toss to combine. Divide the lettuce between two plates; top with beef mixture, green pepper, pimientos, and olives. Combine sour cream and lemon juice; serve with salad.