Recipe by Queen Puff
This was a recipe acquired from a co-worker over 10 years ago and was something she just threw together. After taking notes of what she added to the dish it has become a regular favorite. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. I always serve it with rice and I like mine topping the rice, although my son prefers it on the side. Broccoli is always good with this, along with garlic bread. I normally double the amount of gravy.
- 1 lb beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon meat tenderizer
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Add beef strips to pan.
- Sprinkle meat tenderizer onto meat and let sit a few minutes.
- Brown meat.
- Add seasoning salt and black pepper.
- Add sliced onion and green pepper to pan.
- Saute onion and green pepper with meat.
- Add water to pan.
- Add brown gravy mix to pan.
- Stir well.
- Simmer on medium low for approximatley 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.