1/8 Photos of Beef Stir Fry - Asian Style
Chef floWer's Note:
Preparation time does include marinade time, just to allow the marinade to soak into the beef. To get neat thin slices of beef I freeze the beef for 45 mins and then slice thinly, giving me the perfect cut. I don't eat red meat but Hubby and Little Miss (DD) love beef and they enjoyed this quick recipe. Original recipe comes from Annette Sym's which was featured on Channel Nine's Extra but I have twinkled with it
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon mirin or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 400 g rump steak or 400 g porterhouse steaks or 400 g sirloin steaks, trimmed of fat and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 200 g broccoli florets (fresh or frozen) or 200 g snow peas or 1/2 bunch bok choy or 200 g chinese broccoli or 200 g other asian greens (mix or match the greens)
- 1 cup green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1In a medium bowl add 'marinade ingredients' (cornflour, mirin or dry sherry, sesame oil and reduced sodium soy sauce) and mix well.
- 2Add the meat to the bowl and mix, making ensure all the slices are evenly coated. Set aside for 15 minutes so the beef could absorb the flavours.
- 3Heat wok or frypan, add oil, heat and add onion, garlic and ginger cook until soft but not browned.
- 4Add thinly sliced beef with the marinade and cook over a high heat for 3 minutes.
- 5Add the greens of your choice (example broccoli, Chinese broccoli, snow peas, bok choy or Asian greens) and beans.
- 6Add water to the wok and mix scrapping the sauce on the bottom of the wok.
- 7Cook until the vegetables are just tender but retain their vibrant green colour (approximately 4 minutes).
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Stir Fry - Asian Style
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.2
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 359.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 23.4 g