Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Home made stir fry inspired by a dish I had in Rota Spain at a place called Shorty's.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 celery ribs, sliced on diagonal
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1⁄2 red pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 green pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into 1/2x2 inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- cavender's all purpose Greek seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Season steak strips with Cavender's all purpose Greek seasoning, toss to coat well and set aside at room temperature for about one hour to marinate.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a wok or large fry pan, stir fry the steak over a high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until browned all over. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining oil and butter to wok or large fry pan and sauté garlic, mushrooms, celery, peppers, carrots and onions over high heat for 1-2 minutes. Season to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium and add sauteed steak strips back to to pan.
- Mix corn starch and soy sauce into beef broth until smooth. Stir into meat and vegetable mixture. Cook until clear and thickened.
- Serve over rice or pasta.