Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe takes tender beef and tasty oriental-style ingredients to create a sensational stir fry.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 ounces beef steaks, finely sliced
- 2 ounces gingerroot, shredded
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 ounces roasted peanuts, crushed
- 2 ounces bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- steamed rice, to serve
- Heat the sesame oil and vegetable oil together in a wok over a high heat.
- Add the beef and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and add the peppers and ginger. Chop the stems and roots of the cilantro, keeping the two separate. Add the roots to the wok and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the peanuts, bean sprouts and chili sauce. Return the beef to the pan and squeeze over the lime juice.
- Scatter with the chopped cilantro leaves and serve straight away with steamed rice.