1/1 Photo of Beef Stir Fry
Mike Robinson - Blakey's Note:
This is a recipe supplied on a leaflet by Sainsburys.My family and I prepared it regularly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces rump steak, cut into very thin strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce or 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 6 ounces broccoli
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced diagonally
- 4 -5 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons water
- serve with thai fragrant rice
- 1Place the steak in a bowl with the cornflour.Chinese 5 spice and soy sauce.Mix well and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile , split the broccoli into florets.Slice the stalks diagonally into thin oval shapes and the florets into small heads.
- 3Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan , add the marinated steak , ginger and garlic and stir fry for for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4Add the pepper, broccoli and salad onions and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- 5Add the sherry and water , put a lid on the pan and steam for 1 minute. Transfer to warmed serving dish and serve immediately with the rice.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.8
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 63.9 mg
- Sodium 823.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 21.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder