Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe supplied on a leaflet by Sainsburys.My family and I prepared it regularly.
- 12 ounces rump steak, cut into very thin strips
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce or 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 6 ounces broccoli
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced diagonally
- 4 -5 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons water
- serve with thai fragrant rice
- Place the steak in a bowl with the cornflour.Chinese 5 spice and soy sauce.Mix well and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile , split the broccoli into florets.Slice the stalks diagonally into thin oval shapes and the florets into small heads.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan , add the marinated steak , ginger and garlic and stir fry for for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the pepper, broccoli and salad onions and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the sherry and water , put a lid on the pan and steam for 1 minute. Transfer to warmed serving dish and serve immediately with the rice.
had this recipe from Sainsburys some 20yrs ago but lost it. I have made it from memory monthly ever since. I do make more of the sauce. Thanks
Very good and tasty recipe, DH liked this a lot. I made extra sauce, but felt it needed still more. I might double the sauce for serving over rice. I used frozen (thawed) carrots and broccoli.
tasted good but it didn't have alot of sauce to it.