Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Qu'est-ce qu'on mange Volume 3. This was very good.
Make and share this Beef Stew With Veggies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 kg beef stew meat
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons savory
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups turnips, diced
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Flour the beef cubes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saucepan. Cook beef cubes about 5 minutes, at medium-high heat, until golden on each side.
- Add water and tomato juice in the saucepan. Season with worcestershire sauce, mustard, thyme, savory and bay leaves. Add salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil, then reduce the heat. Cover and let simmer 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Add turnip, carrots, celery, onions and mushrooms. Keep cooking 1 hour, until tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
I loved this! I've never used turnips in stew, and this was a wonderful twist. I'll make this again....thanks for sharing a delicious recipe! Made for 123 Tag.
Yummy stew! I loved the aroma while it was cooking. Very tender meat and great flavor. Thanks Boomette for another nice meal. Made for your win in the All You Can Cook Buffet special.
This is a great beef stew. I left out the turnips and put potatoes in. This turned out great and was a wonderful change from my regular beef stew. I will make this again. Thanks for posting! Made for Went to Market Tag.