Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Adapted from Betty Crocker's Slow Cooker Cookbook. Serve with crusty bread.
- 236.59 ml sun-dried tomato
- 680.38 g beef stew meat
- 4 medium red potatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 226.79 g carrots
- 473.18 ml water
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml parsley
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml basil
- 4 bay leaves
- 59.14 ml cold water
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- Drain and rinse tomatoes, then coarsely chop.
- Mix tomatoes and remaining ingredients except the 1/4 cup water and flour.
- Cover and cook on high setting for 5 hours or low setting for 9 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- mix 1/4 cup water and the flour; stir into stew.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 10-15 minutes. Remove bay leaves and serve.
This was a success! My partner loves this. I added 3 tbsp of tomato puree and 1 beef cube with a little bit of hot water as I wanted richer taste.
This was GREAT! I left out the carrots because I wanted to focus on the tomatoes. The spices were absolutely lovely. I think it would have been even more awesome if I wouldn't have forgotten to add the garlic. DOH! Thanks for posting:)
This went over really well in our house, especially with the 7 yo boy. He rated it a 9/10 (nothing ever gets a 10, by definition). The adults thought it was quite tasty. I made it on the stove, browned the meat, added the onions and carrots and cooked for a few minutes, then added the rest and simmer for 1.5-2 hours. Yum yum!