Adapted from Betty Crocker's Slow Cooker Cookbook. Serve with crusty bread.
Make and share this Beef Stew With Sun-Dried Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat
- 4 medium red potatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 8 ounces carrots
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 4 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Drain and rinse tomatoes, then coarsely chop.
- Mix tomatoes and remaining ingredients except the 1/4 cup water and flour.
- Cover and cook on high setting for 5 hours or low setting for 9 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- mix 1/4 cup water and the flour; stir into stew.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 10-15 minutes. Remove bay leaves and serve.