Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From an old Bon Appetit magazine. Serve with steamed asparagus and Champ (Green Onion Smashed Potatoes (Champ)). A traditional St. Patrick's Day meal in this home! Double recipe for 4 servings.
- 1⁄2 lb boneless beef sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed or 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2⁄3 cup beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup stout beer (Guinness!)
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Melt butter in skillet over med-high heat. Add beef and saute until brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. With slotted spoon transfer beef to a bowl and set aside.
- Reduce heat to med-low. Add carrots and onions to skillet; toss to coat with pan juices.
- Add flour; stir 1 minute.
- Add broth and stout. Add beef and any juices left in the bowl.
- Cover skillet; simmer until beef and carrots are tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.