Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This sounds great from Weight Watchers Slim Ways Hearty Meals.
Make and share this Beef Stew With Spring Vegetables - Ww recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups white pearl onions
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 medium leeks, well-washed and thinly sliced
- 15 ounces boneless beef loin, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 20 ounces tiny new potatoes
- 2 cups green beans, cut
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In large nonstick saucepan, heat oil; add onions, carrots and leeks.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 6-7 minutes, until onions are lightly browned.
- Remove vegetable mixture from saucepan; set aside.
- In same saucepan, cook beef over medium heat, stirring frequently, 8-10 minutes, until beef is browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Add beef and chicken broths; bring liquid to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, 1-1 1/2 hours, until beef is tender.
- Add potatoes, green beans and reserved vegetable mixture to beef mixture; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes, until vegetables and beef are very tender.
- Stir in parsley, dill, zest, juice and pepper.
- Divide evenly among 4 bowls and serve.
- SERVING (1 1/2 CUPS) PROVIDES: 1/4 Fat, 4 Vegetables, 3 Proteins, 1 Bread, 10 Optional Calories.
- PER SERVING: 395 Calories, 8 g Total Fat, 3 g Saturated Fat, 63 mg Cholesterol, 163 mg Sodium, 51 g Total Carbohydrate, 6 g Dietary Fiber, 31 g Protein, 119 mg Calcium; 7 points.
This stew was super delicious. Loved that it was full of fresh vegetables. The fresh dill and lemon add an incredible layer of flavor and should not be skipped or substituted. Wow, this one is sure to be repeated. Thanks lazyme.